A brunch-time favourite! This French toast recipe includes cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla for added flavour. This tastes great with a little maple syrup, Nutella, and berries.
280 kcal per serving
- 2 eggs
- 125ml of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 4 slices of bread
- Syrup (Maple, golden, etc.)
- Beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Dip slice of bread into the mixture, coating both sides.
- In a non-stick frying pan/skillet, melt ½ tbsp of butter on a medium heat.
- Add slice of bread into the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides. Repeat for each slice of bread.
- Serve with your choice of syrup.
Tip: Day old bread will soak up more of the mixture without falling apart.