- 255g unsalted butter
- 320g dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 150g butterscotch milk chocolate, chopped
- 75g vanilla white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan)/ gas mark 4. Line a 10-12 inch rectangular tray with greaseproof paper. The greaseproof paper should overhang by an inch or two.
- In a pan on medium heat, melt the butter until brown solids are formed. Once browned, transfer the butter into a large bowl to cool.
- Once the butter has cooled, add the brown sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix into the blondie batter using a wooden spoon. Mix thoroughly until the batter starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in the chopped butterscotch milk chocolate and the vanilla white chocolate.
- Pour batter into baking tray, ensuring it is level all over.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool down completely before removing from the tray and cutting into 12 squares.
- Decorate with a drizzle of extra melted vanilla white chocolate (optional).